General Data Protection Regulation
About this Policy:
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our customers and suppliers, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
We reserve the right to amend this Data Policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website (www.synergypackaging.co.uk) regularly for any amendments (but amendments will not be made retrospectively).
We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the ‘controller’ of all the personal data we hold about you.
What information we may collect and why:
- Contact information including job title, address, email address.
- Financial, bank information.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For entering into and provision of services and managing financial transactions.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How we protect your data:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, loss or disclosure, we have put in place the following:
- We have implemented suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, technology and operational security.
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
- Any payments we take from you online, we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
Where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will never sell your personal data or share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold), except where we are required to do so by law or as set out as above or below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and sub-contractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to deliver products). We do this for legitimate business interests and performing our contract with you, however we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to be used for their own purposes. It is possible that third parties may themselves engage others (sub processors) to process your data. Where this is the case, third parties will be required to have contractual arrangements with their sub-processor(s) that ensure your information is kept secure and not used for their own purposes.
How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as it is in the Company’s legitimate interest to do so, or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
- We will regularly review your data to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If it is determined that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with VAT requirements and the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We will destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it and it is no longer required for legal obligations.
You have rights under the GDPR:
- To access your personal data
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data corrected
- To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner;
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Manager at our Corby office.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information may include your IP address, operating system, browser type and pages viewed. This data is collected purely for our records to monitor our website usage i.e. number of visitors to our website. This information is collected using Google Analytics cookies. Two types of cookies are used for Google Analytics:
- ga – This cookie is used to distinguish visitors and records the IP address of the visitors computer
- gat – This cookie is used to throttle requests.
Find out about Google Analytics.
Our website DOES NOT collect private information about yourself (excluding contact forms) and data is only collected to monitor website traffic in order to help improve our site.
By continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer in order to analyse the way you use our website. If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this website, you must stop using our site or disable cookies on your computer.
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.